04 June 2006

22 Questions for 10 Years Ago

Ten years ago, it was 1996.

1) How old were you?
THEN: 19
NOW: 29

2) Where did you go to school?
THEN: Fresh out of high school and doing sweet FA!
NOW: School of Hard Knocks (AKA paying off student loans).

3) Where did you work?
THEN: I wasn't working, but I was volunteering my time at an arts centre.
NOW: Heh, I ain't working now either. Unless voracious reader of books count.

4) Where did you live?
THEN: The Prairies
NOW: Frenchtown

5) How was your hairstyle?
THEN: Half the year it was long and mousy brown and then I chopped it, to shoulder length and dark brown
NOW: Long and black, with blunt "Bettie" bangs.

6) Did you wear braces?
THEN: Nope.
NOW: And nope. I might need a sleep guard for my teeth grinding issue. How hot is that?

7) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: No need for 'em.
NOW: Would like them now, only for going out with fantastic eye makeup.

8) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: I lived in a world of blindness back then.
NOW: Hallelujah! I can see the light! Sight is good when you have to avoid ex-boyfriends and old classmates in public, as well.

9) Who was your best friend?
THEN: My beautiful penpal in Texas.
NOW: My partner, but the penpal still hears all my dirty lil secrets.

10) Which of your pets were still alive?
THEN: Whiskers, my dirty lil girl. I think I had my fish Bonaparte as well.
NOW: My clumsy kitty who wears a fur tuxedo.

11) Who was your boyfriend/girlfriend?
THEN: I was a loner/virgin then - and there was nothing wrong with that!
NOW: He plays a mean guitar.

12) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: Vince Vaughn and Billy Zane
NOW: Leonard Cohen - I have matured, ha.

13) Who was your regular-person crush?
THEN: J
NOW: Oddly enough, I have no crushes. Does cheese and sleep count? 'Cause I really like cheese and sleeping.

14) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: Too lazy to remember.
NOW: Too lazy to count.

15) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: Zero
NOW: Three

16) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: You know what's sad? I can't even remember. Maybe...hmmm...Leonard Cohen and Hayden?
NOW: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, Hayden, Dexter Romweber, The Dead Milkmen, Wayne Hancock, Son House, etc etc.

17) Had you smoked a cigarette?
THEN: Socially.
NOW: Sadly, way too often.

18) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: Yes, but not frequently.
NOW: I can no longer handle my booze and I suspect I am allergic or intolerant of alcohol. I always tend to feel like blacking out due to wonky blood sugar in my system when I drink a few bevvies. Fun times for me when I go out to bar nowadays. Heck, at least I save money.

19) Had you DRIVEN YET?
THEN: Nope, too afraid to commit to that.
NOW: See above.

20) If so which car?
THEN: My feets.
NOW: My feets and the subway, only if I have to.

21) Looking back, are you what you thought you would/could be in 2006?
I did NOT think I would be living in this city - I thought I would actually be out west. I thought I would be out west and doing cosmetic artistry as a living or else writing something fabulous. Leading a fantastic life full of wealth and fortune (not really). Okay, well...I thought it would just be easier - that's all. Growing up and moving on is tough shit.

22) Where will you be 10 years from now?
Honestly? Either happier here or living amongst the English again. Hopefully married. Hopefully happy. Hopefully, with a hairless cat and an expresso machine. I don't ask for much. Oh, and debt-free. Heh.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound just as sick of this city as I am. I'm not fluently bilingual and I have yet to get a stable job myself. What are the odds? :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger The Rural Observer said...

It's tough, isn't it?! I wish you luck - if you ever discover a secret stash of English jobs, let me know! :)

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you could technically send your resume to the english school board here (CQSB) and look for things like a "homework monitor," "student supervisor," or "lunchtime supervisor" things. These are very rarely publicly advertised, but I know they're always looking for these during the year.

How do I know? I'm supposed to be a teacher.

2:33 PM  
Blogger The Rural Observer said...

I'll have to look into that, though I'm not sure if I have patience for the kiddies - haha. I wonder if you could do something like English as a second language? Hmm, would you have to be bilingual for that? I know you can make tons of money in that in Asia.

Thanks for the tip and thanks for reading. No one ever leaves comments - I feel special! :P

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blogarama Blogarama - The Blog Directory