10 January 2007

Chia Pet Update

I know...y'all have been on the edge of your seats, waiting for the hot Chia action...

When starting your Chia Pet, be prepared for a mess. I don't think I would ever want a child doing this in my house unsupervised. It's messy and it's not as easy as it looks to apply the seeds. You don't need two teaspoons of seeds either. You soak the seeds which turn into this strange seedy gel. You carefully rub the gel on your hippo (yes, it sounds pretty hot, huh?) and wait for the seedy action to begin. I'm still waiting.




As you can see, the Chia Hippo is not as bathed in seeds as I wanted him to be. It's rather difficult and I'm sure his coat will be a patchy one.

It's been about a week and the only growth has been on two or three seeds. Maybe I need to sing the Chia theme song to it?


Despite my tiredless efforts (okay, only filling his planter to the top everyday), Chia Hippo has yet to grow a mossy pelt. Torturous methods were needed - I am now forced to mist him with water and keep a plastic bag on him. I'm cruel that way. Note: Weedy the Bonsai Weed is in the lower right hand corner. :) Send him special growth vibes.




Stay tuned...



Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Blogarama Blogarama - The Blog Directory